ACHIEVE3000 IN THE NEWS
Achieve3000, Inc. Granted US Patent for Online Differentiated Instruction Methodology
Achieve3000 Helps Florida Teacher Achieve Extraordinary Reading Growth
Achieve3000 Goes Global with Launch of Worldwide Reseller Program
New Tools for the Common Core, featuring Achieve3000
… and other recent press releases.
With Achieve 3000’s recent acquisition by Insight Venture Partners, a leading private equity firm in the Education industry, company CEO Saki Dodelson and the investors are turning their attention to upgrading the company’s sales organization to reflect (1) its growing market position in online differentiated instruction in literacy and other K-12 course areas and (2) the fact that such a complex, technology-based product line requires both a higher level sales organization and more professionalism in how this sales organization is structured and managed. Key to this redefinition is hiring a new Chief Sales Officer to run Achieve 3000’s 85-person sales force, comprising field, inside, and international sales teams.
The CEO and IVP share the conviction that the room for future growth is substantial, and that the company’s growth objectives will come largely through the acquisition of new schools in the United States and globally, and in cross selling the current portfolio of products to the established customer base.
For more than a decade, Achieve3000® has supported the individuality and potential of every student by reaching them where they are to help them reach higher levels of reading and writing proficiency.
The company’s fundamental belief is that literacy unlocks achievement, and that the key to improving literacy is differentiated instruction. Today, Achieve3000 is the leader in differentiated online instruction, serving more than one million students across the United States. In 2011, Inc. magazine included Achieve3000 on its annual 500/5000 list for the fifth consecutive year, the exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest growing private companies.
Achieve provides the only web-based, differentiated instruction solutions designed to reach a school’s entire student population — mainstream, English Language Learners, special needs, and gifted. In addition to KidBiz3000®, TeenBiz3000®, Empower3000™ and other literacy solutions, Achieve launched its first differentiated core curriculum solution, eScience3000® in 2011. Founded in 2000, Achieve has grown quickly, and today serves more than one million students across America. Today, Achieve3000 is leading the way towards helping every student become independent, reaching higher standards and becoming prepared for college and the workforce.
Achieve3000® believes in the power of truly differentiated online instruction to enable significant and sustained Lexile®/reading growth — a belief supported by a decade-plus of scientifically proven performance.
The need for differentiated instruction has never been greater. With the increased demands of the Common Core State Standards, the imperative for students to become independent readers of complex text grows by the day.
By setting reading levels, differentiating non-fiction text based on each student’s unique academic profile, and continually assessing and increasing the complexity of text, Achieve solutions steadily increase students’ ability to read, comprehend, apply and communicate information derived from complex text — prerequisites for success in school and beyond graduation.
KidBiz3000, TeenBiz3000 and Empower3000
KidBiz3000® for grades 2 to 5, TeenBiz3000® for grades 6 to 8 and Empower3000® for high school are the powerful, proven, differentiated online literacy instruction literacy solutions that reach every student at his or her Lexile®/reading level. They deliver truly differentiated reading and writing assignments — using high-quality, non-fiction content based on each student’s reading level – and that automatically adapts content via ongoing, real-time Lexile assessment.
Importantly they align closely with objectives of the Common Core State Standards to give students the content area literacy skills they need to succeed on the standards and prepare for college and career.
Powered by Achieve3000’s LevelSet™ Lexile assessment tool and proprietary software engine that distributes assignments to the entire class, but tailors them according to each student’s reading level, KidBiz3000, Teen Biz3000, and Empower3000, enable all students to make continual progress and improvement.
Achieve Language, Achieve Intervention, and Achieve Enrichment
These solutions do more and go further to meet the needs of the entire population – English language learners, struggling students and students with special needs and advanced learners alike.
Newly Developed Science Solutions
As it has with its differentiated literacy instruction, Achieve is leading the way in science with a fresh approach and powerful partnerships. The new solutions promise to make science a passionate pursuit for students.
- eScience3000® is a differentiated core science program for middle school students. The solution is an engaging, experiential, differentiated program that changes the game when it comes to science instruction. By making science accessible to all learners, eScience3000 is designed to help meet STEM objectives to move U.S. students from the middle to the top in science achievement over the next decade. eScience3000 is also designed to fulfill all district requirements for core science programs that meet 21st-century educational needs.
- Achieve3000®’s World of Biology is a breakthrough in differentiated science curriculum for middle and high school — one that helps students achieve the literacy skills they need to succeed in biology and perform better on exams and high-stakes tests. Designed as a supplement to complement existing biology text, World of Biology provides a standards-based biology curriculum with embedded recommendations to support STEM literacy initiatives.
About Insight Venture Partners
In 2014 Achieve 3000 entered into a new business alliance with Insight Venture Partners (IVP).
Insight Venture Partners is an American private equity and venture capital firm based in New York City. The firm focuses exclusively on investing in technology, software and Internet-enabled businesses and currently has a capital base of approximately $7.6 billion for this purpose. The company has invested in well-known companies such as Twitter, Chegg, Tumblr, Flipboard, Zynga, Quest Software, and Hotel Urbano, a company established in Brazil. Insight’s investments include growth equity, capital for M&A, buyouts, take-privates, pre-IPO rounds, and recapitalizations.
The partnership with Insight will help advance Achieve 3000’s market leadership position and accelerate revenue growth through acquisitions and building of new products for the education market.
Achieve3000 is seeking a Chief Sales Officer to lead and direct the entire sales effort for this rapidly expanding company, reporting to the CEO.
- Developing overall sales strategy in close partnership with the CEO and leadership team that will improve sales force productivity in both customer renewals and new business sales to existing and new customers
- Integrating directing the inside, outside, and international sales teams’ activities to achieve sales goals including transformation leadership with the sales organization
- Manage transformation from a geographic based team selling model to a Tiered Customer Segment model where accountability rests with an individual sales representative
- Developing and leading the sales support and administration function
- Working closely with marketing, product management, business development, and software development organizations to drive business results
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on… here!