EXECUTIVE SEARCH | Senior Vice President, Global Services | CRM leader in talent recruiting services
The Company is an international recruitment software company with solutions for premier firms. A turn-of-the-millennium company, they were among the first to apply the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model to staffing and recruiting software, with significant innovations in open API access and social recruiting. Headquartered in the eastern United States, with offices across the globe, The Company’s recruitment CRM and social recruiting products serves hundreds of thousands of users in hundreds of countries.
Originally launched as an online marketplace, the founder and CEO discovered the system was parallel to that of online staffing agencies. After soliciting feedback from recruiters, the founder wrote the code to implement their desired functionality. Ever since, The Company has focused on delivering dynamic and secure recruiting solutions with an eye toward user-oriented design.
This passionate, entrepreneurial approach has enabled The Company to lead the staffing software industry for over a decade.
Detail of Responsibilities
The Company is seeking a seasoned and accomplished global professional services executive with an unusual combination of skills. However, there is no question that the most critical skill is a proven ability to build, top-grade, and expand the delivery teams servicing enterprise-class, Global 2000 customers. The SVP Global Services will have a passion for and experience working with customers, sales, support, and development team members to deliver world class customization, deployment, training and customer success.
Key skills, experience, and segment background include the following:
- FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Client services team leadership of > 40 (hiring, training, measuring, motivating)
- Track record of translating client needs into project business requirements and desired outcomes
- Client facing project management expertise (in-person scoping & assessment, requirements gathering, timelines, deliverables milestones management) for consulting, systems integration & services delivery
- Internal team project management expertise (project team selection, resource loading, KPIs, etc.)
- Creation & optimization of customer training & success program
- Client Satisfaction: proven success in setting, measuring & managing
- New customer implementation & onboarding: best practices embedded as SOPs in professional services team
- Setting up global network of 3rd party professional services partners–selection, training & management
- Partnering with sales, support, and application development leadership and teams to deliver new customer satisfaction
- Global 2000 client relationship & account management working with B2B C-level customers
- INDUSTRY—B2B CORPORATE SOLUTIONS [SaaS powered services]
- Applicant tracking software systems (PeopleSoft Staffing, eRecruit, WorkDay, etc.)
- ERP, non-staffing related (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite, PTC)
- SaaS CRM software (SalesForce, SugarCRM, MS Dynamics, SalesLogix, etc.)
- CORPORATE STAGE
- Working with Board of Directors comprised of founder and investors
- Sales growth from $100—> $250M+
- Builder leader vs. optimizer leader
- Building processes and best practice without suffocating speed, innovation, and client satisfaction
- MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Driving creation and buy-in to KPIs, goals, metrics within own team and cross-functionally where appropriate/necessary
- Remote/multi-office team management (US & OUS)
- Track record of hiring/upgrading to A players for A team
- MARKETS & CUSTOMERS (Global 2000)
- Staffing services companies
- Professional services companies (consulting firms, law firms, etc.)
- services firms (other)
- GEOGRAPHIC (in order of preference)
- MA-based, commutable to South Boston/Innovation District
- St. Louis-based
- Northern CA-based
- Elsewhere in US
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs.
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment, required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
The global services team currently consists of approximately 40, with plans for additional growth. The services team is comprised of directors and managers heading key areas including project management (~10), business analysis (10), development (~15), and training and success (~10). The total Company team numbers approximately 350.
Originally venture-backed by a number of investors including General Catalyst, The Company has recently been bought by well-respected private equity firm Vista Equity Partners. Vista Equity has an investing thesis whereby they find promising platform companies in which to invest – and then help to grow those companies organically and via strategic acquisitions.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative business development targets, and a stakeholder position in the company.
For more information…