The Most Widely Used Alarm Notification Software
for the Automation Industry
In the “Internet of Things” marketplace, WIN-911 is the world’s most widely-used Alarm Notification Software. With an emphasis on industrial automation, WIN-911 works with existing SCADA, DCS, or other control systems to monitor operations and notify personnel of problem conditions. WIN-911 is an important component of an automation system that improves labor productivity and/or prevents accidents and other safety issues.
The company is financially healthy and profitable at its current revenue level of about $4 Million. There are seventeen employees mostly based in Austin, Texas, with a network of authorized distributors and system integrators in all 50 US states and throughout the world.
Although WIN-911 is already used by over 170 of the Fortune 500 companies (and over 110 of the Global 500 in 70 countries), there is believed to be ample room for revenue growth of 10%-20% or more annually into the indefinite future.
WIN-911 Software was founded in 1974 in response to the growing field of process control automation, beginning by manufacturing alarming hardware devices for automated machinery. In 1993, the company launched the now widely-known WIN-911 line of software products and has become the recognized industry leader in alarm notification software..
WIN-911 has become by far the world’s most widely-used alarm notification software for the process control industry:
- More than 10,000 facilities use WIN-911
- WIN-911 is used in 65 countries on six continents
No matter what the device or network environment (smartphone push notifications, web browser, analog or VOIP phone calls, SMS messages, email, in-plant announcement system, and other devices), WIN-911 is built to notify the appropriate person whenever an alarming condition arises.
Customer segments for the WIN-911 solution include the following:
- Municipal water & waste water: The ten most populous US cities use WIN-911 (New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, and San Jose)
- Food & beverage: Win-911 is usually used for production process (e.g. mixing parameters), cooling/storage/production environment temperature, water/wastewater treatment, raw material supplies, conveyor maintenance, etc. Notable customers include Kraft, Coca-Cola, Ocean Spray, PepsiCo, and Sara Lee
- Manufacturing: Used in assembly lines, hydraulics monitoring, temperatures, valve readings, stamp/scrubber pressure, clean room conditions, etc.
- Pharmaceuticals: Used in Batch process monitoring (mixing, blending), heat, humidity and is 21 CFR 11-compliant (secure audit trail)
- Oil & gas: Used in pumps, pipelines, refineries, compressor monitoring, flows across valves, engine readings, bearing pressures, temperatures, etc. often in remote locations
- Building management: Alerts related to HVAC, lighting, security, energy management, additional building systems related to medical care (e.g. in hospitals), and Unmanned / intermittently-manned machinery. Customer include Publix, Tobyhanna, St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Data centers: Typically temperature, humidity, air flow, paper processing metrics (e.g. for banks). Customers include Google, eBay, Vantage Data Centers and Microsoft
- Other applications across industry sectors:
- Numerous airports (baggage handling)
- Conveyor systems
- Aquariums, hatcheries, zoos
- Natural disaster monitoring
- Military, space, and research
- Flood monitoring
- Recreation & agriculture (golf courses & farms)
Think you might be interested? Click here for information about the WIN-911 product suite and the overview of the opportunity!