- Enter your password to view comments.
BSG Team Ventures has recruited Alexander D. (Lex) Crosett III to join the executive team of Conservation Services Group (CSG). As Executive Vice President of Software and Services, Crosett shall oversee the company’s software development, information systems and network operations.
Most recently, Crosett served as vice president and chief information officer for Earth Networks, an environmental sensor networking company based in Germantown, Md. There, he was responsible for all aspects of the technology behind global environmental data analysis and the firm’s WeatherBug® products. Prior to Earth Networks, Crosett served as vice president of technology at Purepay Capital, a venture buyout firm, located in Columbus, Ohio. Throughout the years, he has served in similar leadership and technology roles for several companies, including ConnectEdu, fourthchannel, Inc., CompuServe, Banyan Systems and Lotus Development.
Crosett holds a B.A. from the University of Virginia and an M.B.A. from the University of Vermont. A native of Summit, N.J., Crosett is a resident of North Andover, Mass.
President of CSG Tina Bennett said, “Lex brings more than 30 years of leadership and experience in infrastructure, new product development, business systems and information technology to CSG. His insight and technical skills will bring much added value to the energy efficiency programs CSG runs across the country. These initiatives demand the highest level of technology support and sophistication and we’re confident that Lex will deliver for us and for our clients.”
About Conservation Services Group
Conservation Services Group is the market leader in residential energy efficiency in North America. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has improved the efficiency, safety, comfort, affordability and durability of more than three million homes since 1984. With proven, award-winning expertise in program delivery, CSG provides solutions with a long-term vision that incorporates the latest and most comprehensive program designs and technologies for a sustainable industry. For more information, visit www.csgrp.com (CSG)
For the official press release, see here!
Maritime Broadband Inc. (“MBI”) provides the only widely affordable, global, “always on” solution for unlimited Internet at sea. The company, founded at the end of 2008 and based in Long Island City, NY, has developed a proprietary antenna which uses the reliable C-band frequencies but is smaller, and therefore less expensive to produce and operate, than previously available systems. This offers major benefits to commercial shipping fleets including greater crew satisfaction (leading to lower turnover) and potential improvements in ship management (route optimization, operating efficiency, etc.).
MBI has been focused on R&D but is now rapidly transitioning to an operating company which can reliably deliver against worldwide market demand. The Company has a solid pipeline of prospective international customers, as well as opportunities for channel partnerships with significant companies in the maritime industry, and expects to be cash flow positive in 2015. To successfully navigate this transition, MBI is seeking a dynamic and accomplished senior executive who is inspired by the challenge of building an operating team, and establishing high-quality production processes and a global sales, supply, and service network, to help conquer the last Internet frontier – the world’s oceans.
This individual will be counted on to drive the business forward; to create the organization, systems, procedures, and infrastructure required for MBI to scale successfully; and to “own” the Company’s financial performance, closely tracking the relevant metrics and holding people accountable for results. He/she will:
- Report to the CEO and work closely with board and the rest of the management team
- Assume P&L responsibility; manage with strong awareness of the Company’s financial situation and bottom line.
- Play a senior leadership role in strategic and day-to-day matters
- Directly oversee R&D, production, operations, and finance
- Support the CEO in high-level sales and marketing activities
- Develop and implement the internal structures and processes needed to support rapid growth
- Attract, manage, motivate, and retain an outstanding team
- Foster a culture characterized by both collegiality and accountability
- Represent the company as needed with external constituencies, including customers, partners, investors, and advisors.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on here!
Sound Seal provides noise control solutions to wholesalers, distributors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), and end-users throughout the country, with products focusing on both architectural and industrial applications. The quest for a quieter environment is clearly resonating with customers, as the company is both profitable and growing. This will serve as a viable platform for future acquisitions, allowing Sound Seal to position itself in a leadership position within the industry. Sound Seal is private equity owned and poised to leverage its considerable advantages. The opportunity here is for a financial leader who can play a pivotal role in the company’s growth and profitability as the Chief Financial Officer for Sound Seal.
Confirmation of the Role
Serves as both the finance lead for the company and key interface with Private Equity Group. This role is both “hands-on” yet plays a critical business partner role with the CEO of the business.
Must have finance/accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Manages finance team, including head office and a Midwest location, FP and A group and others through a “hands-on” leadership style.
- Expected to know the numbers and details behind all metrics.
- Identifies opportunities for increased profitability by improving job costing.
- Develops SKU analyses to ensure alignment between product mix and business opportunities.
- Accountable for making recommendations for constant improvement in company operations.
- Plays a key role in strategic planning through providing information and thought leadership on commercial opportunities and industry trends.
- Provides investors with requisite reporting, including detailed metrics related to cash, sales and monthly reporting, covering a full breakdown of business results and future opportunities.
- Participates in monthly update meetings with investors, addressing issues of financial performance.
- Works with sales, operations, engineering and product development leadership groups to ensure that they have all financial information needed for decision making.
- Provides counsel on financial considerations for both existing and new initiatives.
- Ensures company’s competitive advantage in maintaining world-class, rigorous and extremely cost conscious customer.
- Manages the treasury function by working with both investors and banks, ensuring that the company is in compliance with all loan covenants.
- Provides detailed information to investors regarding cash flow, ensuring that any potential cash flow problems are identified proactively.
- Ensures strong financial controls are in place and that the company is in compliance with financial and taxation regulatory requirements in all jurisdictions.
- Oversees annual audit.
- Manages IT and Human Resources Departments.
- BS. in Accounting or Finance; CPA highly desirable.
- “Stand-alone” CFO experience; ideally in a private equity portfolio company.
- 10 plus years in financial leadership roles.
- Manufacturing experience is essential, including job costing.
- Proficiency with PC applications and extremely strong Micro Soft Excel skills are required; familiarity with Sage ERP is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Ability to change focus from granular to strategic financial issues.
- Superb analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and genuine enthusiasm for growing a business.
- Sound judgment, impeccable integrity and credibility. Must be seen as a trusted advisor to CEO and investors.
- A relevant undergraduate degree in accounting, CPA designation highly desirable.
For more information regarding this position…
Susan Hawkins, Vice President, BSG Team Ventures
Extended Campuses – Northern Arizona University
|Position:||Extended Campuses Chief Marketing Officer|
|Reports To:||Senior Vice President for Extended Campuses|
|Location:||Flagstaff, AZ or Phoenix, AZ|
|Websites:||Northern Arizona University|
NAU IN THE NEWS
The Extended Campuses Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is a member of the company’s executive leadership team and reports directly to the Senior VP of Extended Campuses. Working directly with the SVP, and other senior executives, the CMO will (1) provide leadership, coordination, and oversight of the strategic planning and execution of marketing, advertising, recruitment, enrollment, and retention functions of Extended Campuses in an increasingly competitive environment, and (2) develop and execute plans and budgets to increase the level of enrollments, including Personalized Learning programs, for Extended Campuses while simultaneously maintaining recruitment, retention, and student success technology.
Founded in 1899, Northern Arizona University has a student population of over 27,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at over 30 sites across the state.
Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch, with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student’s success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
While its emphasis is undergraduate education, NAU offer a wide range of graduate programs and research. The institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
The Extended Campuses of Northern Arizona University makes a high-quality college education more accessible and affordable for people everywhere through its network of statewide campuses, low tuition, and innovative online degree and class options.
NAU-Extended Campuses is dedicated to helping busy people advance personally and professionally by providing a truly transformative educational experience.
Its Mission Statement is to provide expanded options to students with high quality university programs and excellent service in their local communities and through technology.
NAU Extended Campuses offers the following programs, most popular fully online programs are listed:
- Bachelor (bachelor of business administration and bachelor’s degree in interdisciplinary studies with an emphasis public agency management.)
- Master (M.Ed. in Educational Leadership; Master of Administration; M.Ed. in Elementary Education)
- Doctoral degrees
- Personalized Learning: online, self-paced, competency-based
The school has 37 community campus locations around the state as well as 88 online programs and 75 traditional classroom-based programs.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on here!
BSG Team Ventures has recruited Robert Iskander to join the leadership team at SchoolMessenger. He will be serving as Senior Vice President and General Manager.
Prior to SchoolMessenger, Iskander served as the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of EduTone. EduTone Corporation delivers the EduTone Xchange (ETX), an innovative white-label Platform as a Service Single Sign-On (SSO) solution that enables automated provisioning, access, and integration of any web based digital content and Software-as-a-Service solution. EduTone was the 2011 SIIA CODiE winner of Best K-12 solution, Best Education Solution, and Best Enterprise Solution.
Iskander has also served as Chairman for Global Grid for Learning, Ltd. Global Grid for Learning (GGfL) is the leading digital content broker of and supply network for education markets worldwide. Available online and through commonly used learning platforms and educational software, GGfL provides a quick and simple way to search, stream, and download educational resources from multiple sources. Iskander started his career in education with a long stint at Sun Microsystems in the global market.
Iskander holds a degree in Biocybernetics from the University of California at Los Angeles. In his leisure time Iskander enjoys investing, golfing, and travel.
SchoolMessenger, a subsidiary of West Corporation, is the leading provider of communication solutions for the education market. The company is counted on by thousands of school districts, colleges, private schools and other institutions to keep parents, staff, and students informed in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
The company was founded in 1999 with a singular focus: to ensure educators are able to quickly and easily connect with their communities in any language and at any device.
When customers partner with SchoolMessenger, they get a service supported 24x7x365 by a highly available team committed to helping them achieve their goals. Whether it is about reducing absences, responding to emergencies, or just improving communication, the SchoolMessenger team is there to help.
The Company has played a critical role in bringing seafood to the United States retail and institutional marketplace. This is an increasingly global industry with a supply chain that literally spans the entire planet and is an increasingly scarce resource. The challenge for the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is to leverage The Company with innovations and continued operational improvements that will position the brand for both future growth and enhanced profitability in an extremely competitive market. The Company seeks a leader who can support their family business as it navigates through this complex trajectory.
Confirmation of the Role
This is a compelling opportunity to serve as business partner to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and provide organizational leadership in determining strategic business direction and alignment of financial, sales, global supply chain and operational strategies. Key deliverables include directing the organization’s financial planning practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders and the financial community. COO will also work to maximize the company’s profitability, while managing and minimizing its risk and assume specific managerial responsibility for Finance, Global Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Lines of Business, and Information Technology. In addition, there is a responsibility to develop and maintain lines of communication with various internal and external constituencies. The goal is to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization by reducing costs / maximizing Return On Assets (ROA), improving customer service, sales force effectiveness, increasing reliability and enhanced controls.
Managing Energy and Assets Enterprise-wide
Powerhouse Dynamics was founded in 2008 with the vision of providing tools to help identify and eliminate wasteful energy consumption in the built environment. The company originally focused on products for the residential market with its first version of SiteSage™, then called the eMonitor™. In 2011, the company expanded its focus to deliver cloud-based enterprise energy and asset management solutions for large portfolios of small commercial facilities. Today, SiteSage controls and analyzes electricity consumption at the equipment level, delivering the actionable intelligence and control required for effective energy management and cost savings across thousands of locations. Powerhouse Dynamics’ SiteSageTM is a revolutionary, award-winning product that reduces energy usage and equipment maintenance costs for portfolios of small commercial facilities, as well as for homes. The company has been experiencing great momentum, and the product has been adopted by a wide range of major brands in the restaurant, convenience store, and retail industries, among others.
The Director, Channel Sales will manage Powerhouse’s Partner and Channel Program and grow Powerhouse Dynamics’ partner network and sales through partner recruitment, onboarding, training, engagement and enablement. Partner sales are a critical part of the Company’s go to market strategy, and the Director will work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing, VP of Business Development, and other members of the team to deliver dramatic growth. This position is responsible for the partner network and all channel sales of company products and services..
Highlights of the new Channel Sales Director track record and experience will include the following:
- Demonstrated expertise in building a channel network and driving channel sales
- Experience working with channel partners and complex channel relationships
- Strong technical background; energy experience a plus but not required
- Strong process orientation and ability to multi-task
- Passionate, strategic thinker
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to manage time and resources effectively, meet deadlines, and execute on strategic objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate both internally and with partners and customers
- Ability to rapidly establish trust with partners
- Familiarity with web applications; understanding of Software as a Service a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree plus 5+ years of relevant work experience
If this sounds like this position would be a good fit for you, read on here
RMC Leader in Charge Capture Solutions for Healthcare Providers
Physician-founded MedAptus was incorporated in 1999 with the belief that in order for point-of-care technologies to make sense, they must be easy to use, deliver demonstrable financial benefits and also leverage an organization’s current information technology investments. Over a decade later, this belief set still rings true.
The first MedAptus product was a PDA-based physician coding tool, borne of the ‘mobile healthcare’ era. Now known as Professional Charge Capture, the technology is both mature and robust, as evidenced by the thousands of savvy providers that use it for every patient, every charge. MedAptus also offers the industry’s only technical charge capture tool for hospital outpatient clinic coding and billing. Our growing customer base includes groups that range from smaller single specialty practices, to larger multi-specialty groups, to prestigious academic medical centers.
MedAptus, Inc. provides point-of-care intelligent charge capture solutions and services. It offers Practice Plus Edition, a solution that is used at single-specialty groups, multi-specialty clinics, and academic practice plans; Inpatient Edition for hospitals to ease patient management tasks in addition to ensuring charge capture; and EMR Edition, which is designed for physician groups. The company also provides Enterprise Edition, which is designed for large groups, including academic centers and integrated delivery networks; Facility Edition that is created for hospital-based outpatient clinics to eliminate paper, manual coding and charge reconciliation, and charge data master maintenance processes from daily workflow; Risk Severity Toolkit to help provider groups measure and manage the disease burden of patients covered under risk-based contracts; and Infusion Services Edition, which supports the capture of infusion services and related charges allowing nurses to spend less time on paperwork and more time with patients. In addition, it offers Technical Charge Capture software that helps to standardize the outpatient facility billing process by automating charge creation and operational management across the ambulatory care team; and consulting services. MedAptus, Inc. serves small single-specialty practices, large multi-specialty groups, and academic medical centers. MedAptus, Inc. was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Think you might be interested? Click here for information about the MedAptus product suite and the overview of the opportunity!
In common parlance, “shelf life” refers to the length of time one may stock perishables on a shelf in a grocery store or supermarket. However, the term is a very valuable concept in a different market – the executive talent market.
Stay with us while we set up the framework for the analogy.
In the United States, the Great Financial Crisis of 2007-2008 and the sub-optimal recovery — which, for some industries, stretched into 2012 — had a bearish effect across all sectors, especially that of retained search and executive talent recruitment. During this half-decade of doubt, employers developed a keen since of caution and exercised great deliberation when hiring new executives. What would happen if there were a “double-dip”—that is a second recession scenario? What would happen if the 0% interest rate enacted by the Federal Reserve failed to grow the economy, as government agencies had hoped? In this time of uncertainty, when companies looked to replace or add a new executive, they waited until the last possible minute to greenlight their recruitment teams, and their recruitment teams guardedly interviewed as many candidates as they could.
This was a buyer’s market: companies recruiting talent were in strong positions because the supply of executive talent outstripped demand, and candidates remained “on the market” for 6 months or more.
There were only hints of change in 2013, but as we begin to enter the last quarter of 2014, it is clear the market has shifted in favor of the sellers – that is, those who are interested in parlaying their talent for a better paycheck — and the “shelf life” of an executive candidate can be much shorter.