- VP of Operations
- Reporting to: President & Chief Executive Officer
- Location: Merrimack Valley Region, MA
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Vice President of Operations for our client, a thermoplastic valve manufacturer. The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for leading all the operational, development, and manufacturing functions of the company, as well as leading a direct team of 8 (Quality, Warehouse Operations, Materials, Machine Shop) with a total headcount of 50 people.
Vice President of Operations
Our client has spearheaded the market for thermoplastic valves in Latin America and the U.S. Instrumental in the acceptance in the use of thermoplastics as an alternative to metal for piping systems, our client manufactures and distributes a full array of corrosion resistant thermoplastic fluid flow products.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Operations will be responsible for leading all the operational, development, and manufacturing functions of the company, as well as leading a direct team of 8 (Quality, Warehouse Operations, Materials, Machine Shop) with a total headcount of 50 people.
- Work with the executive team to grow the company’s portfolio of thermoplastic valves, actuators, and piping systems and welding equipment through scaled manufacturing, including all supply chain, sourcing, quality assurance (ISO 9002) and overall manufacturability.
- Inspire, manage, top-grade and grow the current operations and manufacturing teams with a mandate and budget for future additional hires in the coming quarters.
- Partner with CEO, CFO, and the VP Sales & Marketing to bring next-generation solutions to market while aligning with an ambitious product roadmap requiring the critical need for delivering exceptional leadership for operations, manufacturing and quality assurance.
- Manage supply chain, drive and improve QA process and deliverables, manage and improve production, evaluate and manage ERP system, build manufacturing/sales/finance models, and build out/hire additional operations functions.
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience as VP or equivalent prior roles leading any of the following: VP
- Manufacturing, VP Operations, VP Quality/Supply Chain/Procurement/Sourcing/Materials and Director/VP of Commercialization.
- Experience in an inventory intensive cyclical industry, ideally commodities based or other hard goods.
- Experience overseeing global manufacturing and distribution.
- Experience integrating customer feedback into its manufacturing and supply chain strategy.
- Takes incredible pride in exceeding customer expectations on quality.
- Excellent team builder; knows how to develop unity across multiple functions.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance, at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the
Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment, required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with our client’s values.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary and bonus structure based on individual and corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic performance goals.
To Submit Resume: