- Vice President, Account Management/Dealer Success
- Reporting to: Chief Sales Officer
- Headquarters: NH (remote role)
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Vice President, Account Management/Dealer Success for our client, an automotive technology marketing company. The Vice President, Account Management/Dealer Success will be responsible for growing existing customer base in the US and Canadian markets by building strong relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service..
Vice President, Account Manager/Dealer Success
Our client is an automotive technology marketing company that helps dealers sell cars effectively by utilizing marketing techniques to meet sales goals. Our client’s founders were able to identify an industry need by cutting multiple layers between the dealer and shopper through developing an innovative platform that would meet the dealer’s needs and allow shoppers to be routed directly the dealer’s inventory. Since the beginning, our client’s customer base has grown, including over 1000’s of dealers.
The Vice President, Account Management/Dealer Success, reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, will be responsible for growing existing customer base in the US and Canadian markets by building strong relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service. It will be the responsibility of this role to manage the Regional Directors of Account Management and successfully guide them to hit revenue targets and maintain cohesive client relationships. As a leader in the organization, this role will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing best practices in account management, customer service, and post-sale support. The ideal candidate will bring extensive relationship management skills, people leadership expertise, and business understanding to the role.Company highlights:
- Experienced leadership team looking to consolidate the market and become the leading CRM and marketing automation toolset for automotive.
- Pioneer in the CRM/martech industry using AI to help OEMs and dealers alike to optimize their inventory turns via its patented machine learning analytics engine.
- Strong and growing user-base of 10,000+ dealers generating a strong recurring revenue foundation for continued investment in product development, sales, and marketing.
- Improve sales training for account managers.
- Build a process behind cancelations and downsize requests and a tracked metrics for down-sells.
- Create new pay plan for key sales metrics.
- Partner with training department to improve objection handling.
- Improve analytics capability.
- Achieve annual revenue targets.
- Establish and improve customer satisfaction scores.
- Partner with Human Resources to reorganize account management team’s structure.
- Experience at a B2B SaaS company (marketing, sales, or digital advertising automation software) or automotive technology company.
- Must have experience as a senior leadership team member, reporting to an Executive leadership position at some point in the past.
- Operational responsibility experience with 50-100M revenue companies.
- Has managed teams of 10+ employees. Management experience across a distributed/mostly virtual company footprint would be a plus.
- Must have private company experience in a senior role within the last 10 years.
- Agile development/management experience.
- Proven experience in process strategy, organizational assessment, and implementation.
- KPI development and management.
- Experience working in highly complex organizations.
- Recruitment, selection, and on-boarding/training.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate high standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Demonstrated success as a people leader, including the ability to set and gain buy-in for strategic direction and vision, attract, hire, retain, and develop high performing teams, and establish an engaging culture of accountability, quality, and customer focus.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with company values.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
To Submit Resume: