- CLOSED (WITH A HIRE)
- Senior Vice President, Supply Chain
- Reporting to: President
- Location: Florida
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Senior Vice President, Supply Chain for our client, an e-commerce selling partner that strategically helps over 40 globally leading brands best position their web presence to sell more products in the online marketplace. The Senior Vice President, Supply Chain key responsibilities include overseeing all warehouse, logistics and supply chain related functions and processes across the organization.
CLOSED: Opportunity Overview
Senior Vice President, Supply Chain
Our client is an e-commerce selling partner that strategically helps over 40 globally leading brands best position their web presence to sell more products in the online marketplace. They have a team of over 200 experts consisting of designers, copywriters, data analysts, marketers, attorneys, and logistics specialists who focus on delivering extraordinary experiences and greatly improving their clients’ growth. Our client offers a variety of services, including developing web content, advertising and marketing, data analytics, services to protect brand, distribution and fulfillment. Shipping over 50,000 orders, our client is private equity backed by a partner with over $1.5 B in assets.
The Senior Vice President, Supply Chain is a key member of the company’s leadership team and will oversee all warehouse, logistics and supply chain related functions and processes across the organization. Reporting to the President, they will have responsibility for leadership of warehouse, production and logistics.
The successful candidate will have exceptional strategic business operational skills and experience managing warehouse operations in a 3PL or similar e-commerce tech enabled service organization. The ability to inspire, motivate, lead, and manage teams by clearly communicating the company vision, strategy and deliverables across all relevant functions will be critical. The SVP should have experience managing Warehouse Operations, Supply Chain and Logistics.
Success in this role will lean on 3 pillars of skills and experience:
- Solid operational leadership in an e-commerce merchandising services environment, preferably working within the Amazon ecosystem, successfully managing end-to-end logistics process from supply chain, warehouse management, fulfillment and shipping, and strong knowledge of associated technology/ systems.
- Management of a distributed warehouse team of 150+ employees or more and fulfillment operations.
- Experience consolidating multiple warehouses, creating and implementing processes that can adapt and scale to support anticipated organic and M&A based growth.
The SVP Supply Chain will be an integral part of the leadership team with the following responsibilities:
- Manage our client’s day to day warehouse, logistic and supply chain operations.
- Build processes for all warehouses for current organization that will scale as the business grows.
- Provide strategic leadership to growth plans, including integration of any future M&A, as well as adapt to organic growth.
- Lead the creation and implementation of a robust return logistics engine.
- Effectively advocate for our client by articulating its market position, competitive advantages, and value proposition to prospective partners.
- Complete the transition to a new, consolidated warehouse operation.
- Oversee inventory replacement, demand planning and forecasting.
- Represent our client at relevant industry events and conferences.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful in this role include the following:FUNCTIONAL skills/experience needed:
- Experienced operations leadership with previous successful endeavors in the B2B and B2C ecommerce marketplaces.
- Expert knowledge of end-to-end logistics management – supply chain, warehouse, fulfillment and associated management systems.
- Seasoned leadership and management of a distributed organization.
- Strategic project management – demonstrated experience creating and driving growth initiatives.
- Expertise with helping brands drive business transformation on a global scale in the ecommerce marketplace.
- Operational leadership in 3PL - warehouse, supply chain, logistics management in Consumer Package goods, brand manufacturers.
- eCommerce cyber-retail space expertise, third party resellers.
- Tech-enabled business process expertise
STAGE of Company Experience:
- Building new business/sales processes and best practices without suffocating speed, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
- Private company experience in senior role in last 10 years of career.
- Managed a team of 150+.
- $100M-$250M company revenue experience.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Develop the team and across capabilities by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with the team, identifying training opportunities.
- Demonstrate mature leadership and empathy in difficult team situations – a player/coach who leads by example.
- At least 10 years in warehouse/supply chain/logistics/fulfillment management.
MARKET & CUSTOMERS
- 3PL companies focused on end-to end logistics and fulfillment.
- Large Amazon sellers.
- Consumer brands.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- Strong presentation and team management skills.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information, and reporting on time and on budget.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Backed/control owned by PE Firm and acquired our client in 2020.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
To Submit Resume: