- US General Manager
- Reporting to: CEO
- Location: United States
BSG has commenced an executive search for a United States General Manager for our client, which has an award-winning referral marketing platform. The General Manager will be a key member of the company’s executive leadership team and will be opening the door to the Unites States presence for our client.
US General Manager
Our client has an award-winning referral marketing platform that was started in Europe in 2013 by two colleagues who experienced business success through witnessing the power of individual referrals to consumers. They created an engine to meet that need using a cutting-edge technology that allows brands to turn customers into a high-performing marketing channel. Backed by venture capital firms, our client has raised $32 million in funding and plans to expand into the United States.
The United States General Manager (US GM) will be a key member of the company’s executive leadership team and will be opening the door to the Unites States presence for our client.
The successful candidate will have executive level sales/revenue leadership, business development skills and experience selling sales, marketing or digital advertising solutions into the enterprise and small/medium business customer segments. The ability to inspire, motivate, lead, and manage teams by clearly communicating the company vision and strategy across all relevant functions will be critical. The General Manager should have experience building a sales and services team from the ground up, creating innovative, creative, and repeatable sales processes and partner programs, while generating revenue and building partnerships as the team is created.
Success in this role will lean on 3 pillars of skills and experience:
- Executive level Enterprise sales leadership with management of all revenue-generation functions.
- Creation of direct, indirect, partner, customer success and reseller programs.
- Experience successfully opening a new market.
The US GM will be with the following responsibilities:
- Develop and execute our client’s sales and marketing strategy in the United States.
- Source, hire and lead the team.
- Simultaneously begin revenue and partnership generation activities.
- Oversee the sales process from prospecting / hunting through deal-close, including lead generation, client meetings, prospect qualification, and RFP completion.
- Proactively build / drive pipeline volume, accelerate sales cycle, and actively manage to close through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with strategic priorities. Over time, the GM will shift.
- Leverage relationships with external stakeholders to positively impact retention and acquisition efforts. Understand, monitor, and communicate competitor activity throughout the market, identifying key strengths and weaknesses relative to our client’s service offering.
- Effectively advocate for our client by seeking keynote speaking opportunities articulating its market position, competitive advantages, and value proposition to enterprise and other customers and prospective partners.
- Track business development metrics, and share the analysis and insights to drive activity and support the overall health of the business.
- Represent our client at relevant industry events and conferences.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful include the following:FUNCTIONAL skills/experience needed:
- Experienced sales/revenue leader with multiple successful endeavors in B2B SaaS or marketing automation software.
- Revenue generation across all products.
- Creation of partner programs.
- Intent Marketing – B2B SaaS companies.
- Martech marketing automation B2B2C software.
- Adtech companies.
STAGE of Company Experience:
- Private company experience in senior role in last 10 years of career.
- Build and managed a team of 5+.
- $25M-$250M company revenue experience.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- Source, hire and manage a high-impact revenue generation team.
- Hands-on player/coach, transitioning to more leadership as the team matures.
- Develop the team and across capabilities by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with the team, identifying training opportunities.
- Coach and lead more junior members of the team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing an appropriate level of feedback on a regular basis.
- Public speaking, keynote addresses.
- Establish and grow relationships across capabilities.
- Lead the internal cross-functional team – inspire team to strive for superior client work and results.
- Actively pursue opportunities to share intellectual capital across the organization.
- Demonstrate mature leadership and empathy in difficult team situations – leads by example.
- At least 10 years in a New Business/Sales and Marketing role.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- Strong presentation and team management skills.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs, and the combination of firmness and likability that all good leaders possess.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information, and reporting on time and on budget.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
Our client was founded in London in 2013 by 2 colleagues and is financially backed by two venture capital firms. One firm focuses on investing in startups and the other focuses on commitment to innovation and has investment teams across Asia, Europe and the US.
To Submit Resume: