- engagement leader
- Location: Based near either Boston or Detroit, though working remotely or in a hybrid setting
BSG has commenced an executive search for an engagement leader for our client, a firm that consults worldwide on market research and merger and acquisitions and recently merged with an insights and strategy business. The engagement leader will be responsible for leading a team of 4-5 analysts and researchers throughout client engagements, from kickoff to final deliverables.
Our client was founded in the 1960’s and is a firm that consults worldwide on market research and merger and acquisitions. They recently merged with an insights and strategy business founded in the 1990’s and focuses on the industrial, heavy equipment/agriculture, and automotive industries.
The two businesses together provide the highest level of service including exclusive data, customized research, strategic consultation and operations services, and advising on merger and acquisitions. Our client utilizes its global expertise and well-rounded insights to drive solutions, growth, and value add for their clients and their shareholders. Our client’s headquarters are in Michigan and Massachusetts, with satellite offices all around the globe. This role and the associated team may be based near either Boston or Detroit, though working remotely or in a hybrid setting.
As an engagement leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of 4-5 analysts and researchers throughout client engagements, from kickoff to final deliverables. You will lead your team through the data collection and analysis process to help tell a compelling story for buy- and sell-side market study initiatives and corporate strategy. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Fortune 500 companies and leading middle-market private equity firms and to develop relationships with client stakeholders.
In addition, you will contribute to the growth of your team members and drive career development. This will include assessing your team’s skills and evaluating their performance on different client engagements. You will help to create training plans and identify opportunities to enhance their abilities.
Build Great Talent and Teams
- Collaborate on recruitment, retention and development of a world-class consulting team.
- Nurture the entrepreneurial and high-performing culture.
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations.
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Past experience managing client engagements in a consulting or professional services environment.
- Proven ability to translate proposals into a sound research plan that addresses client strategic concerns, while meeting budgetary and timeline milestones.
- Solid knowledge of pricing strategies and methodologies.
- Known for delivering quality work within scope and budget with high client satisfaction.
- B.S. in an engineering or scientific discipline strongly preferred.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Defined by others as high integrity, smart, capable, hands-on, energetic, and effective.
- History of building and creating strong collaboration within a firm.
- Ability to drive consensus among team members.
- Proven track record of managing successful engagements and high caliber teams.
- Solid professional communication skills and be comfortable presenting complex research findings directly to executive decision makers.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful include the following:FUNCTIONAL skills/experience needed:
- Proven project and team leadership.
- Expertise in pricing methodologies.
- Business operations consulting.
- Industrial, Construction/Building materials or Private Equity portfolio value creation.
STAGE of Company Experience:
- Team leadership experience in consulting role in last 5 years of career.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- Coach and lead more junior members of the team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing an appropriate level of feedback on a regular basis.
- Establish and grow relationships across capabilities.
- Lead the internal cross-functional team – inspire team to strive for superior client work and results.
- Actively pursue opportunities to share intellectual capital across the organization.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- Strong presentation and team management skills.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
- Attention to detail required to deliver consistently accurate data, information, and reporting on time and on budget.
- A sense of ownership, not just of his or her own work, or that of their department, but a sense of ownership for the company.
- Work ethic required to do what it takes to get the job done, and invest the time required to deliver on key responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Locations and Partners
Our client’s headquarters are in Michigan and Massachusetts, with satellite offices all around the globe. This role and the associated team may be based near either Boston or Detroit, though working remotely or in a hybrid setting.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs.
Our client has the financial backing of a private equity firm.
To Submit Resume: