- Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Location: Upstate New York
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for our client that develops high-speed solar panels with a manufacturing model that uniquely fuses existing printing technologies designed by partners. The CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the company.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client develops high-speed solar panels with a manufacturing model that uniquely fuses existing printing technologies designed by partners. Our client implements a scale up process that decreases capital costs and reduces manufacturing time by leveraging joint development partners and their facilities, material innovations, data informing development, and experience.
The Company Profile
Company headquarters are in upstate New York and employs 20 people. Our client is privately-held and was founded in 2016.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the company. This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. It is also expected that the CFO will serve as a strategic advisor and partner to the CEO and company leadership helping to drive the company’s performance by providing fact-based analysis and strategic financial direction. As an integral member of the Executive Team, the CFO will support the organization in improving sales growth through financial analysis.
- Ensure that financial information, analysis, and reporting is accurate, timely, reliable and relevant, in order to assist the Board, CEO, and Executive Team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Manage financial and business performance by developing appropriate metrics on which to measure the Company’s business, monitoring variances to forecasts, and developing action plans to address variances. Work with the operating team to identify and address trends, implement corrective actions and performance improvement actions.
- Provide consistent and accurate financial forecasting for company.
- Improve overall financial reporting to make it more efficient and impactful by implementing a business intelligence platform.
- Monitor capital requests and expenditures to ensure within budget and plan.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Ensure that the Company is in continuous compliance with all statutory, regulatory, banking, tax, and other external and internal operating, reporting and record keeping requirements to which the company is subject.
- Manage the Treasury function, including cash management, cash forecasting, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to meet operating needs of the company.
- Manage tax statement preparation with vendors as needed, for all related company and shareholder activities.
- Maintain key relationships with insurance broker, ensuring awareness of all significant business developments and maintenance of appropriate coverage.
- Maintain key banking relationships, ensuring bank is aware of all significant business developments and partner on strategies to ensure company is always adequately funded.
- Analyze and value opportunities to sell or acquire business units. Facilitate due diligence reviews should these transactions proceed beyond initial review, facilitating smooth transition should transaction close.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and present financial metrics internally.
- Mentor and develop a team of professionals, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Assist the CEO and Executive Team in the development and execution of operating policies and procedures as needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile
A summary of key competencies required to be successful in this role include the following:FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Financial Leadership
- Outstanding financial and business acumen.
- Excellent leadership, management, and high accountability skills with day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Very hands-on with experience in financial planning and reporting.
- Strong experience in equity, debt, and project financing.
- Outstanding communication skills (orally and written).
- Experience in working in high-growth companies.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Experience implementing and integrating financial and ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Investor Relations, Fundraising
- IT Management
- Human Resources
- Staffing, oversight, and reporting.
- Solar Photovoltaic Manufacturing
- Advanced materials for some of the following industries:
- Consumer electronics
- Manufacturing equipment/sensors
- Continue to build on processes and best practices.
- Experience working for privately-held company.
- Experience with $5M-$75M revenue organizations.
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Driving creation and buy-in to KPIs, goals, and metrics within own team and cross-functionally where appropriate/necessary.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a CFO.
- IPO experience highly desired.
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength, and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs.
- Decisiveness, when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment required to make a major contribution to the Company during the coming years.
- Growth equity through Seed & A, B & C rounds.
- Significant non-dilutive government grant funding.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
To Submit Resume: