- Chief Executive Officer
- Reporting to the Executive Chair of the Board of Directors
- Location: Northeast
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for our client, a cutting-edge manufacturer of breakthrough technologies in science, research, and healthcare. Reporting to the Executive Chair of the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with the leadership team in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the continued growth and increased profitability of the business.
Chief Executive Officer
Our client is a pioneer in the manufacturing space spanning technologies in science, research, and healthcare.
Reporting to the Executive Chair of the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the organization and will partner with the leadership team in managing all operational aspects of the company and ensuring the continued growth and increased profitability of the business.
- Drive growth, profitability, and company value.
- Lead marketing strategy, actively managing branding, product marketing, market positioning and productization initiatives.
- Provide guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, manufacturing, operations, sales, service and product.
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth.
Build Great Talent and Teams
- Attract, retain, and develop world-class talent.
- Nurture the entrepreneurial and high-performing culture.
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control.
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations.
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities.
- Proactively mitigate business, operational and governance risks.
Win in the Marketplace
- Improve operational efficiencies, thereby generating more gross margin/EBITDA/Rule of 40 margins.
- Rationalize brands and generate synergies’ between/across them, generating more capital within each (“1+1=3”).
- Successfully execute and expand upon current contracts.
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy and strategic priorities.
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Prior experience as global, multi-functional P&L Leader in a private company.
- Former experience in CEO, President, General Manager or COO role.
- Significant global experience leading internal multi-cultural teams, as well as selling products and services globally.
- Experience across manufacturing, research & development, and consumables with a background in life sciences, healthcare medical devices or medical diagnostics.
- Strong operations proficiency, with the proven ability to drive operational efficiencies.
- Brand marketing experience and product marketing acumen to drive exposure and business performance/growth.
- Prior experience integrating disparate business units and leading M&A initiatives.
- B.S. in an engineering or scientific discipline strongly preferred.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Player/Coach leadership style with a preference for collaborative, hands-on management.
- Public and private company experience in career background in last 10 years.
- Strong executive presence, skilled at public speaking with varied business audiences.
- Defined by others as smart, capable, hands-on, energetic, and someone with a strong entrepreneurial/innovative spirit.
- History of building and creating a strong culture within an organization.
- Ability to drive consensus among leaders and teams.
- Proven track record of building successful products and high caliber teams.
- Visionary executive profile, with ability to guide a company through all phases of growth.
Ideal Candidate Profile
A summary of key competencies required to be successful include the following:
- Outstanding financial and business acumen.
- Excellent leadership, management, and high accountability skills with day-to-day operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills (orally and written).
- Experience in working in high-growth companies.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Experience implementing and integrating financial and ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Investor Relations, Fundraising.
- IT Management:
- ERP review, selection, and integration.
INDUSTRY— ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY
- Medical Devices.
- Life Sciences.
- Laboratory Equipment.
- Builder leader and optimizer leader.
- Mix of public and private company experience in career background.
- Private equity-backed company experience in career background highly desired.
- $50M-150M+ company revenue experience.
MANAGEMENT and LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing a global leadership team of 15 or more members.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a CEO.
- Experience working within a global organization.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
Team and Locations
The CEO role will report directly to the Executive Chair and will manage a global team of 15+. The position will be based out of the Northeast location but will require a typical schedule of 25% travel.
To Submit Resume: