- Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
- Location: Virginia
BSG has commenced an executive search for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for our client, a communications technology solution provider. The CFO will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the company.
Chief Financial Officer
Our client provides communications technology solutions for bandwidth usage across multiple communications technologies. Integrating technology into a product offering of hubs, routers, and network management software and hardware, the company also provides service providers a suite of web-based network management software. These tools provide automation, monitoring, merging of hybrid networks and applications, and ways to configure, monitor, and control the network. Our client provides implementation, planning and engineering, application-based, management, and training services. Its solutions are used in multiple industries and education/training applications. The company offers its products through a network of channel partners in the United States and internationally. The company has a strategic partnership, was founded in the 1990's, and is based in Virginia with additional offices in the Europe, Canada, Asia, and the Middle East.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the company. This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. It is also expected that the CFO will serve as a strategic advisor and partner to the CEO and company leadership helping to drive the company’s performance by providing fact-based analysis and strategic financial direction. As an integral member of the Executive Team, the CFO will support the organization in improving sales growth through financial analysis.
- Ensure that financial information, analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, reliable and relevant, in order to assist the Board, CEO, and Executive Team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Manage financial and business performance by developing appropriate metrics on which to measure the Company’s business, monitoring variances to forecasts, and developing action plans to address variances. Work with operating team to identify and address trends, implement corrective actions and performance improvement actions.
- Provide consistent and accurate financial forecasting for company.
- Improve overall financial reporting to make it more efficient and impactful by implementing a business intelligence platform.
- Monitor capital requests and expenditures to ensure within budget and plan.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Ensure that the Company is in continuous compliance with all statutory, regulatory, banking, tax, and other external and internal operating, reporting and record keeping requirements to which the company is subject.
- Manage the Treasury function, including cash management, cash forecasting, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to meet operating needs of the company.
- Manage tax statement preparation with vendors as needed, for all related company and shareholder activities.
- Maintain key relationships with insurance broker, ensuring awareness of all significant business developments and maintenance of appropriate coverage.
- Maintain key banking relationships, ensuring bank is aware of all significant business developments and partner on strategies to ensure company is always adequately funded.
- Analyze and value opportunities to sell or acquire business units. Facilitate due diligence reviews should these transactions proceed beyond initial review, facilitating smooth transition should transaction close.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and present financial metrics internally.
Skills & Experience:
- Software development capitalization experience.
- Understanding of engineering time charging for government contracts/government accounting (or percentage of project completion and experience with accounting for large project execution) is a plus.
- Physical inventory experience.
- Experience with intercompany eliminations/ internal transfer pricing and related tasks.
- Understanding of professional services.
- Software and hardware revenue reconciliation experience needed.
- Experience with International currency exchange, particularly on the AR side required.
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, risk management, and tax and treasury.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems, SAP preferred.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrable passion for driving results.
- Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- BS in accounting.
- CPA strongly desired.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A summary of key competencies required to be successful include the following:FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Cash management (AR/AP/Treasury)
- Board reporting
- Modeling (financial impact on customers, markets, products, FP&A)
- Audit and regulatory management (CPA and audit committee)
- Operating and capital budget creation/ management
- Lender and bank covenant management
- Accounting and monthly closes
- Cost Accounting
- Tax, including revenue recognition & stock options accounting, etc.
- Financial dashboard creation and management of KPIs
- Vendor Management
- Optimizer leader
- Public and/or private company experience with at least 500+ employees
- $200m+ company revenue experience
- Experience reporting to CEO in the past.
- Experience leading team of 25+ direct reports
Our client’s staff currently numbers approximately 1,000+ employees worldwide. This role will report to the President and will oversee a team of approximately 35.
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus/commission structure based on individual and corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and performance stock option plan.
To Submit Resume: