The client provides remote infrastructure management solutions. The Company is dedicated to delivering consistently reliable management and access that is always available, as well as proactive monitoring and automated response. Their scope is broad; their tailored solutions include everything data center infrastructure management to environmental monitoring and alert systems. Products are distributed worldwide.
The President, in conjunction with the CEO and Executive Chair, serve as the executive core of the business. This core team is charged with determining and realizing the Company’s strategic vision and with delivering world-class shareholder/investor, customer, employee, and strategic partner satisfaction.
The President has full authority and global day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all sales activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for the inside/outside sales and sales engineering teams in each office, account management internationally, and sales and marketing operations. The key Presidential mission is to accelerate revenue and profitability growth and transform the business from its current $10M run rate to $50M and beyond.
The President also has executive leadership responsibility for all the company’s USA operations and staff. This is managed in partnership with the CEO who has functional responsibility globally for the company’s product management and engineering, manufacturing and fulfillment, technical support, finance and HR operations (many of these functions have their staff resources based in the USA).
Highlights of the new President’s track record and experience will include the following:
- Strong commercial leadership experience, with a focus on US & global expansion of both direct and channel sales distribution
- Deep rolodex of customer relationships in the data center infrastructure management and remote infrastructure management segments
- Previous experience in senior roles in entrepreneurial organizations
- Team-building, with particular emphasis on the sales, marketing & business development side with proven track record of motivating teams
- Corporate Development expertise in developing key strategic partnerships across the targeted customer ecosystem
- Experience with both direct and channel sales mechanisms, and the solutions to prevent channel conflict
- Success taking new products “cross-chasm” into new markets
- Experience taking companies from $10M to $50M+
- Experience with global expansion, customer identification and development
- Building and nurturing upstream and downstream ecosystem relationships that help the ultimate sale of the company into a strategic partner
For more details (e.g., exactly what the responsibilities entail, what an ideal candidate looks like), please click the hyperlink below.
Detail of Responsibilities
The President for the Company will report to the CEO and be responsible for all revenue activities of the company. The President’s core responsibilities will include:
- Work with the CEO and Executive Chair in creating, communicating, and implementing the Company’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Work with the CEO and Executive Chair to promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity.
- Participate in regular board meetings and work with the CEO and Executive Chair to develop operational and organizational evolution plans and correlated annual operating budgets that are submitted to the board for approval.
- Work with the CEO and Executive Chair to develop and review long term product and market strategies, sales and marketing plans, and performance targets that support the strategic direction set by the board.
- Lead a world‐class sales and marketing team globally. Manage and assign sales territories and quota targets for all sales team members in all regions, then assist the sales team in closing strategic prospects and the attainment of quotas.
- Establish and maintain all sales department policies, processes and systems including the management and consistent use of Salesforce by the sales team.
- Provide direction and coaching to the marketing team in the establishment of priorities, development and execution of the strategic marketing plan, allocation of resources, and review of key performance metrics.
- Build personal relationships with strategic clients and partners globally.
- Represent and promote the company to customers, partners, the media and the investment community.
- Oversee the operation of the USA organization and manage its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Recruit, integrate and manage members of the USA team and evaluate their performance on a regular basis.
- On a day to day basis, work in partnership with the CEO to ensure the company's product management, engineering, manufacturing, technical support and finance operations closely align with the company's global sales and marketing activities. Regularly assess the company’s practices and infrastructures and implement changes as appropriate to enhance the company's effectiveness.
- Develop sales commission structure and compensation plans and other sales reward and recognition programs for the sales and marketing teams globally, and review individual and team performance on a quarterly basis.
Detail of Desired Experience and Characteristics
FUNCTIONAL Prior Success
- Sales forecasting and budgeting, pipeline management & tools -- managing revenue-to-plan at both board and sales team level
- Strong consultative selling approach working with global 2000 customer base
- Rolodex of DCIM and RIM channel partner ecosystem in North America and international
- Directing and managing marketing team as symbiotic partner to sales
- Divisional P&L experience
- Proven track record helping prospect and close big customer opportunities in conjunction with partner channel
- Mapping target partner ecosystems and identifying and closing early
- Navigating complex, multi-influencer relationships including internal champions, detractors and derailers
- Education: BA or BS + MBA
INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE [remote infrastructure management]
- Small/medium enterprise customers using in-band and out-of-band solutions to manage corporate computers and electronics peripherals
- Global enterprises with intense remote datacenter management needs
STAGE of Company Experience
- Experience working with founders, investors, and board directors in closely held companies
- Building and scaling brand recognition off of referenceable work
- Growth phase of company development and rapid revenue growth, $10-50M+
- Marshaling cash resources, "doing more with less" in scaling business
MANAGEMENT & Leadership Experience
- Building scalable management processes without suffocating innovation/speed
- Success as individual contributor and as player/coach
- Managing within a globally distributed, multi-cultural footprint
- Remote/multi-office team management of 20+
- Track record hiring/upgrading to A players for A team
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in any President position:
- High levels of intelligence, analytical strength and conceptual ability.
- The ability, and willingness, to set and communicate demanding standards for professional staff and to hold people accountable for their performance; at the same time, sensitivity to, and insight into individuals’ capabilities and development needs.
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity; also, loyalty to colleagues and to the organization, and the ability to inspire loyalty. This person should have the ability to identify and focus on the Company’s best interests, rather than the agenda of any individual or group within the firm.
- A very high level of energy and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Good strategic instincts and long-term vision; the ability to address both big-picture issues and detailed, day-to-day management concerns.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment, required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
Ideal Candidate Profile
To explore further, search our job board with the code "x270ogpres"