The Company, headquartered in Pennsylvania, is the largest independent producer of value-added carbon and alloy wire in North America. Since the early 20th century, the company has been a pioneer in the industry and focuses on segments where metallurgical quality is a differentiating factor. The Company is recognized as a global leader and has industry leading positions as its customers consist of the world’s top fastener, construction and utility companies.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
INDUSTRY experience in a middle-market manufacturing company focused on metals processing
applications, ideally in one of the following industrial sectors:
- Fastener Industry
- Automotive Tier One and Two Manufacturers
- Capital Goods
- Construction Equipment
- Capital/maintenance intensive process production environments
FUNCTIONAL Prior Success
- Proven track record in building out a world class manufacturing operation within a middle market manufacturing company, ideally within one of the following sectors: fastener, capital goods or automotive or any capital/maintenance intensive process production environment.
- Skilled in managing unionized workforce through operational excellence and change management processes.
- Leading and implementing a certified and comprehensive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement program
- Serving as top manufacturing executive for company interacting with peers in sales, finance and related operational areas
- Design, operation and improvement of all manufacturing processes
- Experience in managing through subordinate managers core manufacturing functions
- Directing and implementing production schedule, work in process, tracking, material and labor variance controls and manufacturing performance reporting.
- Has lead or successfully directed operational aspects of implementation of an ERP systems implement and has detailed knowledge of ERP resident processes.
- Responsibility for ensuring all production objectives are met in the areas of quality, schedule and budgeting.
- Implementing a program of wholesale cultural change related to product quality, as well as compliance with all relevant regulations concerning safety and environmental issues related to manufacturing
- Ability to serve as Safety Champion for the company
- BS or BA in a technical discipline, ideally engineering
- Six Sigma Black Belt (desirable)
- APICS, CPIM certification (desirable)
STAGE of Company Experience
- Well established but poised for further growth due to increased industry demand
MANAGEMENT & Leadership Experience
- Serving as top manufacturing executive in a middle market company reporting to a CEO or COO
- Experience leading subordinate managers
- Success in recruiting, developing, mentoring and coaching A players
Finally, this individual should have as many as possible of the traits required to succeed in this leadership position:
- High levels of intelligence and analytical strength
- Strong business acumen including the ability to understand and commit to financial metrics
- Decisiveness when necessary, coupled with a willingness to seek input and build consensus as much as possible.
- A very high level of energy, sense of urgency and commitment, combined with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; this individual must be able to communicate complex ideas and information clearly and concisely to a diverse audience
- Outstanding planning and organization skills.
- In general, the business and personal skills, and the absolute commitment, required to make a major contribution to The Company during the coming years.
This company is backed by a growing private equity firm.
For more information...
Just a paragraph break; not a non-breaking space.