Based in suburban Boston, Trexel has led the development of MuCell® Microcellular foaming technology and has pioneered many plastic processing solutions for brands such as Audi, Volkswagen, Ford, and New Balance. The fundamental value proposition of this technology is the capability of producing lighter weight parts both through foaming but more significantly by opening up the product design window for some of the world’s leading product companies.
From its inception based on research undertaken at MIT, Trexel has created innovative product applications across a wide variety of applications for global leaders in the automotive, consumer, industrial, packaging and medical sectors. The company maintains a worldwide organization to sell and to support the technology with offices in China, Germany, North America, and Japan and representatives in several other locations. Revamped product strategies as well as the possible acquisition of innovative technologies have created this compelling opportunity for a new CEO to lead the company.
Reporting to a Board, the challenge here is to capitalize on this company’s strengths and grow it both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you? Read on...
- P&L experience ideally within a small to mid-cap business
- Exceptional leadership skills coupled with a strong team orientation
- Experience with industrial technologies, likely with an innovative product that has diverse commercial applications
- Pragmatic, able to focus on key drivers with a sense of urgency
- Creative, able to envision new uses and markets for the product
- Change agent, yet able to work within existing corporate structure
- Experience in conducting business with global partners
- Automotive experience highly desirable
- Bilingual capability in either Japanese, Mandarin or German would be ideal, but not essential
- Superb execution and tactical skills coupled with a strategic sense of what is best for the business
- Experience in product management
- A relevant undergraduate or graduate degree
- Exceptional communication skills
- Listens well, encourages input from team members
- Flexible, open to suggestions from Board and staff
- Entrepreneurial orientation and genuine enthusiasm for growing a business
- Sound judgment, impeccable integrity and credibility
- Must be able to gain credibility with Board
For more information regarding this position...
Susan Hawkins, Partner, BSG Team Ventures