- Head of Ecommerce
- Reporting to: CEO
- Location: Orange County, CA
BSG has commenced an executive search for Head of Ecommerce for our client, a developer of home, health and wellness products intended to promote healthy lifestyles. The Head of Ecommerce will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Ecommerce functions for the organization.
Head of Ecommerce
Our client is a developer of home, health and wellness products intended to promote healthy lifestyles. The company develops and markets humidifiers, air purifiers, personal care products, lunch and food storage, and other products through its three premier brands intended to enhance consumer lifestyles. It sells its products via online and retail brick and mortar channels and has developed brands that have emerged as some of the top performers within their key product categories. Since inception, management has launched more than 200 SKUs and has driven impressive financial results. Our client cultivates a well-rounded evergreen product portfolio and introduces products with unique design and modern aesthetics. This product portfolio is a result of the company’s developed and advanced strategy of identifying and launching products across fragmented and under served Ecommerce markets. The company was founded in 2010 and is based in California.
Our client received an investment from a suburban New York-based private equity fund that makes investments in profitable and established lower middle-market businesses. The firm invests across many industries, including health & wellness, niche consumer, food & beverage, business services and security. The team has considerable operational expertise and collaborates with management teams to build businesses of varying stages and sizes.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Ecommerce will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Ecommerce functions for the organization. Individual will be responsible for the entire company digital channel and in charge of the following 3 key deliverables: 1) Deepening relationships & sell-through via current Ecommerce channel distribution partners (Amazon, Wayfair, Jet/Walmart, Overstock, etc.) 2) Identifying new products & product lines that grow company recognition and revenue, with a strong knowledge of merchandising, pricing, reviews & voice of the customer, and 3) Using direct-to-consumer Ecommerce sites as “test kitchen” for what will sell best via larger 3rd party etailer channels, with past track record in all phases of product-oriented Ecommerce including customer acquisition, conversion, retention, reviews, loyalty & customer lifetime value.
- Evaluate, optimize and lead current Ecommerce strategy
- Grow Amazon sales >/=30% while keeping or increasing margins and cost of sales/advertising
- Develop product launch strategy with KPIs focused on sales, reviews, promotions and pricing
- Research, select and launch at least 5 new 3rd party etailers
- Create and manage an analytics dashboard for optimizing existing SKUs to gain sales and rank
- Segment, define and create an email marketing program
- Create a trackable reviews strategy resulting in a 20% increase in overall product reviews
- Build and lead Ecommerce team by hiring, motivating and managing 3-5 top Ecommerce talent
Qualifications & Expertise
- Success in consumer product good companies with focus on Ecommerce marketing and merchandising
- Prior experience owning and leading an Ecommerce team with revenue accountability
- Significant track record of driving Amazon sales through the seller central marketplace as well as building out multiple 3rd party etailer platforms
- Successful experience in an entrepreneurial, growth-stage corporate environment with revenues between $50-150M and less than 100 employees
- Highly analytical with experience in dashboard report creation and adoption to drive sales
- Success in executing a solid product review strategy
- B.A. or B.S. required; M.B.A. or other advanced degree strongly preferred
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Builder leader vs. optimizer leader
- Private company experience in career background in last 10 years (VC or PE backed preferred)
- Defined by others as smart, capable, hands-on, energetic, and someone who possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A consumer advocate with outstanding strategic and conceptual thinking skills. Someone with the ability to adjust rapidly to changing market conditions and new opportunities
- A strong personality, able to make a creative contribution and build buy-in for ideas, as well as working collaboratively and integrating with the ideas of others
Compensation is competitive with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the company.
CONTACT or SUBMIT RESUME: