BSG Team Ventures is excited to be engaged on the CEO search for an emerging, venture- backed robotics company that develops and sells automation systems into an $8B+ market where tasks are currently executed entirely via manual labor. The first product is in beta and moving toward commercial launch September of this year.
The current co-founder & CEO has successfully taken the company from concept through design & beta launch. He’s driving the search for his replacement as they enter their next stage of growth to maximize the company potential they’ve built up over the last 3+ years of research, development and customer learning. He’ll step into the co-pilot role with the new CEO driving commercial adoption, sales expansion, and next generation product roadmap.
The company is looking for a strong sales, marketing & strategy savvy builder-leader to step in and take over the pilot role.
- ONE OF MOST EXCITING NEW INNOVATION FRONTIERS Robotics/automation
- DEEP ENGINEERING BENCH with founding team members responsible for the initial success and IPO of iRobot
- LARGE ADDRESSABLE TARGET MARKET–$2.5B for first product, $8B+ market for planned 2nd generation products, automating an otherwise manual-labor intensive industry with a first to market solution
- READYING FOR COMMERCIAL LAUNCH NOW with growing backlog for commercial units driven from successful field beta trials over the last 6+ months
- WELL-FUNDED with 9-12 months of runway
THE CEO NEED
As CEO, we’re looking for the following 4 prior experiences as a builder-leader:
• Success in companies that integrate hardware, software, and electromechanics
• P&L leadership of a direct sales-driven and field services intensive organization selling into a large global customer base
• Strong grow-it/scale-it-stage experience, having grown companies or divisions from new product launch to $25M or more in revenues
• Prior track record of recruiting and motivating A-caliber teams
Companies that might be part of this executive’s career progress cover a broad spectrum of industries sectors, including industrial automation, light vehicle developers, medical devices, aerospace & military technologies, or mission critical hardware/software systems.
The following bubble diagram frames the key success attributes critical to the role—