- Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment
- Reports to: CEOs
- Location: New York
BSG Team Ventures has commenced an executive search for Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment for Sotheby's Institute of Art. Sotheby's Institute of Art is among the world's leading graduate level institutions offering programs in art business, art scholarship, and connoisseurship. The Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment will work with key colleagues to define a comprehensive strategic plan for global admissions and recruiting and be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the department.
SOTHEBY'S INSTITUE OF ART IN THE NEWS
Sotheby’s Institute of Art is searching for a dynamic admission and recruiting professional with a strategic vision for recruiting exceptional students. Reporting directly to the CEOs of Sotheby’s Institute of Art, the Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment will work with key colleagues to define a comprehensive strategic plan for global admissions and recruiting and be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of the department. The person will be responsible for continued growth in the accredited programs across Sotheby’s Institute’s three locations, New York, London and Los Angeles at an exciting period in the Institute’s history, as it introduces new programs and concentrations. S/he will work to increase the enrollment of high-quality students globally who have a passion for developing a career in the art world.
Founded in 1969, nearly 50 years ago in London, Sotheby's Institute of Art (SIA) is among the world's leading graduate level institutions offering programs in art business, art scholarship, and connoisseurship. Students learn via first-hand encounters with scholars and professional experts in the art world, through examination of works of art in context, and via field study travel. In addition to their three main campuses, SIA offers numerous accredited graduate, undergraduate and semester programs, which are respectively accredited by premier organizations including the University of Manchester, NY State, NASAD, and Claremont Graduate University. SIA also operates Summer and Online programs.
Sotheby’s Institute of Art offers a unique academic approach to studying the global art market and provides exposure to specialized topics that are central to the history and ongoing development of the international art world. The faculty represent the best of the art world helping students master the unique forces at play at the intersection of art and commerce
Based in New York, NY, and reporting directly to the CEOs, the Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment is a key role at Sotheby’s Institute of Art. S/he will lead, direct and enhance the Institute’s global recruiting efforts, growing the quality and size of the international applicant pool, and shaping the outreach strategy through direct management of the alumni relations team and via close collaboration with the SIA marketing agency. This is a data driven position which requires making regular reports to senior leadership and colleagues in London and New York.
Specifically, the Global Head of Admissions and Recruitment will:
- Work closely with senior colleagues in New York and London to define and develop the Institute’s overall recruitment and admissions strategy
- Lead and manage a global team and be responsible for all aspects of the daily operations of global admissions
- Lead efforts to increase academic excellence and student selectivity while building enrollment via a significant expansion in the international applicant pool
- Craft a strategic enrollment program in collaboration with the SIA Marketing agency that benefits from the latest outreach and communication techniques, and derives insight from quantitative modeling
- Develop and build a distributed admissions team committed to outstanding customer service
- Serve on the Executive Committee of the Institute, partnering with other members of the Committee to discuss the larger strategic and operational plans
- Serve as an articulate, influential ambassador for the Institute
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
For a proven admissions and recruiting leader, this position offers the following career opportunities—
- The opportunity to shape the next generation of cultural stewards and art world leaders
- The opportunity to be part of a high profile, well-respected academic institution and a prestigious global art brand
- The opportunity to set strategic direction for global recruiting and admissions
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive New York City area and travel to London and Los Angeles
- The opportunity to build and refine a talented team of recruiting and admissions professionals
The ideal candidate currently works as a senior admissions and recruiting professional at a post secondary institution focused on the visual arts.
Specifically, this individual will have the following experience and capabilities:
- Experience recruiting and admitting students and growing enrollment for graduate and/or professional school programs
- Experience working with a tuition driven institution
- A thorough understanding of student recruitment in international markets
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive growth and improve admissions and recruitment strategy and processes
- A strong combination of strategic planning and hands on operational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain and develop working relationships across a distance, both in the US and the UK
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and collaborate collegially and effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty, and senior management
- A background in a field of art is desirable
Compensation will include salary, commensurate with the individual’s experience as well as a competitive benefits package.
Travel will be in no more than 20% in a year.
INTERVIEW PROCESS | BACKGROUND CHECK
Sotheby’s Institute of Art has an Employment Application, Work History and Background Check (provided to candidates). The background check includes professional references, employment and education verifications, state and federal criminal history reports, and drug screen.
CONTACT or SUBMIT RESUME:
Resumes should be sent as Word documents to Alison Thompson: (No phone calls, please.)
Or submit your resume on the BSG website: