- Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to: CEO
- Location: New York City, NY
BSG has commenced a search for a Chief Financial Officer to join the newly launched BrandEd organization, a division of CIG Education Group, and is a global education platform delivering compelling academic programs aligned with iconic, trusted brands. The CFO will be responsible for the financial management of all BrandEd entities globally and work with leadership to plan for growth, provide deal driven projections, and be responsible for creating a unified budget and reporting system to track results globally.
BRANDED BRANDS ON VIDEO
Introducing BrandEd *
School of the New York Times Summer 2018
Learn the business of art at Sotheby’s Institute of Art
*contact Alison Thompson for password, email@example.com
The Chief Financial Officer will be a member of the executive team of the newly launched BrandEd organization and will be responsible for the financial management of all BrandEd entities globally. The CFO will work with leadership to plan for growth and provide deal driven projections and will be responsible for creating a unified budget and reporting system to track results globally. The CFO will manage a team of brand based finance directors and work successfully with a wide range of constituents including parent company (Cambridge Information Group) executives, brand holders, and staff across multiple countries.
BrandEd, a division of CIG Education Group, is a global education platform delivering compelling academic programs aligned with iconic, trusted brands. BrandEd works with non-traditional educational brands like Sotheby’s and The New York Times, to turn their profound knowledge bases into relevant and captivating educational offerings. BrandEd programs introduce students to an entirely different way of learning by leveraging the strengths of their top tier brands to develop programming and build curriculum for audiences ranging in age from 11 to 80.
BrandEd students are given the unique opportunity to learn from renowned professionals such as journalists from the New York Times or noted scholars and practicing art professionals at Sotheby’s Institute of Art. BrandEd works with the most talented educational teams in conjunction with world-famous instructors to create and bring to market courses and experiences that no other institution can offer.
Based in New York with locations in London, Los Angeles and Beijing, BrandEd seeks to understand the passions of a new generation of students and help transform those passions into meaningful and fulfilling career trajectories. With a global footprint and academic expertise in delivering accredited and non‐accredited programs to learners from K‐12 through Master’s Degree, BrandEd is sought out by the most informed citizens of the world.
The School of The New York Times offers educational programming for both professional and pre-college audiences ranging from classes on writing, editing and content marketing to courses that explore the most important issues facing our world today, including politics, business, culture, science, and innovation.
Instructors are experts in these fields, recognized thought leaders and practitioners who structure their classes around the real-time conversations defining their professions. Many are award-winning writers, editors or photographers from The New York Times. Others are from T Brand Studio and other organizations, and all are dedicated to training and inspiring the next generation of creative thinkers.
Evolving from a small connoisseurship program begun by Sotheby's Auction House in 1969, Sotheby's Institute is now the leader in art business education and object-based learning globally. Their faculty represents the best of the art world helping students master the unique forces at play at the intersection of art and commerce.
With campuses in London, New York, and Los Angeles, Sotheby’s Institute offers graduate-level programs relevant to an art world that is constantly seeking individuals with art historical scholarship and business acumen.
Cambridge Information Group (CIG) is a family-owned global investment firm with a focus on information services, education, and technology. The CIG team has completed over 30 investments during the 2002-2017 period and are continuously expanding areas of investment expertise across industries. The CIG family of companies currently employ more than 2,800 people in 34 countries.
Based in New York City, NY, and reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will be an experienced and strategic leader with a proven track record of driving and accelerating revenue growth. This high influence, high impact role will be a member of the senior leadership team and will have the responsibility to partner across the business to drive ongoing growth and development.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Create a unified financial and reporting system across BrandEd schools, programs, and geographies, and scale those systems as new brands are added
- Create a unified dashboard of financial metrics to inform strategic decisions
- Provide ongoing financial analysis and modeling to a range of company leaders in support of key business decisions
- Present timely and valid interpretation of operating results
- Provide sound leadership in complying with financial and legal requirements
- Be a solutions-oriented member of the leadership team, contributing to strategic direction but also taking action as needed
- Manage a team of Global Finance Directors
THE CAREER OPPORTUNITY
For a proven finance leader, this position offers the following career opportunities—
- The opportunity to build a new, yet already profitable, company and drive significant growth
- The opportunity to serve on a senior leadership team, with broad influence and responsibilities
- The opportunity to partner with premier global brands like Sotheby’s, The New York Times and more
- The opportunity to work with a strong, committed global investment firm that is willing to invest in future growth
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive New York City area
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate currently works as a senior financial leader in a growing, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Specifically, this individual has the following experience and capabilities:
- Facility with the financial management of a fast-growing, multi-division company including all financial systems and statements
- Experience developing and implementing consolidated financial systems across multiple businesses and geographies
- Experience developing budgets, targets, and deal-driven financial models
- Proven track record of supporting growth using strong analytical skills and effective financial modeling and tracking
- Proven track record of presenting timely and valid interpretation of operating results
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage at various organizational levels
- A strong combination of strategic planning and hands-on operational skills
- Experience in education is a “nice to have”
Compensation will include salary, bonus, and equity commensurate with the individual’s experience.
Travel will be in the range of 25 % in a year.
For finalist candidates, a background check will be required. The background check may include but is not limited to professional references, financial, employment and education verifications, state and federal criminal history reports.
CONTACT or SUBMIT RESUME:
Resumes should be sent as Word documents to Alison Thompson: (No phone calls, please.)
Or submit your resume on the BSG website: